November in Buffalo can be a gamble weather-wise, but Corine and Mike lucked out with an absolutely stunning Fall day – the sun was shining, the sky was bright blue, and everything was perfect! We both had the great pleasure of starting out the day at The Mansion on Delaware, a swanky little boutique hotel in downtown Buffalo. We love shooting there! It’s truly one of Buffalo’s greatest treasures. On a typical wedding day, the bride and groom will get ready in different locations, which means that Ben and I have to drive separately, and then meet up at the ceremony. We don’t mind at all, but getting to carpool every once in a while is such a nice treat. (As if we don’t spend enough time together already…it’s a good thing we like each other so much!!) I always start earlier than Ben, because the boys just don’t need a whole lot of time to get ready. Sometimes, they’re already dressed and ready to go when he gets there, so he’ll just shoot some portraits. Girls are so much more fun! So, I got to start out the day with the girls in the Mansion’s fanciest suite. Such a great group of ladies to work with…so much fun! :)
*As a side note, I hope everyone is loving the Top Five Favorite Wedding Day Memories!! We’ve gotten a lot of really great feedback on it, so we’re assuming that you’re all enjoying hearing from our couples! If there’s anything else you’d like to see featured in our wedding posts, please feel free to leave us a message in the comments!
To start us off, a favorite wedding day memory from Corine: “Getting ready that morning was a little crazy, so I was happy when my son wanted to try getting dressed himself. I had to help him with the tie and vest at the end, but he was so proud to be wearing his tuxedo and to be a part of the wedding! In fact he still wears his tie almost daily.”Corine ordered custom made clutches for all of her bridesmaids from Etsy. Each one had a personalized message from Corine stitched on the inside flap. What a wonderful idea!! Corine looked incredibly beautiful…she really did. She is just one of those girls who is beautiful inside and out, all the time. (Our girl, Heather, did a fabulous job with hair and make-up! If you are in need of a hair stylist/make-up artist for your wedding day, give Glam on Location a shout! They’re the best in town!!) This was our first time shooting at the Delaware Ave Baptist Church, and we were LOVING it. What a gorgeous place!! Can’t wait to shoot here again!
Here are a few of Mike’s Top Five Favorite Wedding Day Memories:
1. “The positive energy from our guests was leading up to the nuptials was palpable. I’ll never forget it.”
2. “Our flower girl took nearly 5 minutes to walk down the isle… She took her job so seriously and was moving petals to exactly where she wanted them. So cute, but agonizing having to wait at the alter looking for your bride to make her entrance.”
3. “How amazingly beautiful and happy my bride looked that day.”
Corine was escorted down the aisle by her adorable son. He was a proud escort…it was such a sweet moment. :)Two more of Corine’s Top Five Favorites!!
2. “I have never seen my husband so happy before! He could barely stand still at the alter as he tried to contain his excitement.”
3. “The kiss…Many have told us it was the best wedding kiss they have seen and I would have to agree. We were both so ready to seal our vows with a kiss!”We had just a few short minutes to grab some portraits of Corine and Mike downtown on Main Street by Shea’s! We love that spot, and could have shot there all night, but I’m happy with what we were able to get! The details were so fabulous! I LOVE the “message in a bottle” guestbook idea, and would totally steal it if Ben and I could get married again! Corine and Mike opted to work with a wedding coordinator, which is an absolutely wonderful idea. Most couples immediately think that they either don’t need or can’t afford a wedding coordinator, but that’s really not the case. If you can possibly swing it, it’s worth every cent. It was awesome to watch Dawn and her team (Distinctive Occasions) completely transform the Mansion with lovely details. Watching what they did all day long really made me think, “Wow…how does anyone do this without a coordinator?!” She was amazing to work with.
How fancy is that sweet heart table with the sweet purple uplighting?!! LOVE.Corine and Mike’s first dance was adorable. They were so genuine, and seemed as though they didn’t even notice the other 100 people watching them!
Two more favorites from our bride and groom!!
Corine: “I will never forgot that outpouring of love from our family and friends. This was my first time meeting most of Mike’s family and they were so welcoming and loving. It was wonderful to see both of our families meeting and getting along so well!”
Mike: “Our venues, Delaware Ave Baptist Church and The Mansion on Delaware were more beautiful than I could have imagined. Both were perfect for our celebration.”And, the last two of the Top Five Favorite Wedding Day Memories from our lovely couple!
Corine: “Towards the end of the night, I pulled Mike aside to the corner of the room to take everything in. It was a perfect scene… The venue, the lighting, the packed dance floor and everyone there celebrating our love. It was such an amazing day!”
Mike: “How amazing some of the glimpses of pictures we saw from the photographers were, and how beautiful the pictures are going to look once we get them.”
Corine and Mike were kind enough to share some wedding planning advice for all of our lovely couples out there who are still making their way through the crazy journey!! Here’s what they had to say:
“My biggest piece of advice: If possible, hire a wedding planner! We had already chosen the major aspects of the wedding…venue, photographer, DJ. We hired a wedding planner to help with all the details of the day including invitations, programs, favors, etc. We planned our wedding in 4 months, so I knew it would be a necessity to have some help. Having Dawn, our planner, took so much stress off of us during the planning process. She came up with ideas that I never would have on my own. She was also there the day of the wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly. If you have a little extra money in your wedding budget, consider hiring a planner, you will be glad you did!”
Corine and Mike – thank you so much for choosing us to tell the story of your day with our cameras!! We had a wonderful time working with you both! It was an honor to be a part of such a heartfelt celebration. We wish you both all the happiness in the world!! Much love, J + B :)