Lindsey and Chris are an amazing couple. When we first met them, we could tell almost immediately that we had a ton of things in common, and since then, we have grown to love them dearly. Their wedding day was one that we will not soon forget. From the moment I walked in the door of Lindsey’s parents’ home, I was made to feel like family, and that feeling was there for the entire day. It was one of those days that made us forget we were “working.” Those days are awesome. :)
Although I could write volumes about these two wonderful people and dear friends, I promised Lindsey that I would have this post up today, so I’m going to refrain from blabbering, and let this fabulous couple do the chatting!!
Here are the first three of Lindsey’s Top Five Favorite Wedding Day Memories (in no particular order):
2. Walking down the aisle with my dad. I think as girls that’s such a big moment that we dream about our whole lives. It certainly didn’t disappoint. Amazing moment for me. I thought I would be so nervous, but I was just beaming.
3. Hearing the priest give his homily at our wedding was so special to me because I have known him so long. It was so special to have someone so close to me and Chris witness the most important day of our lives.And, here are the first three of Chris’s Top Five Favorite Wedding Day Memories!!
1. The hours before the ceremony getting ready with my groomsmen. I was more nervous about the fact that I wasn’t nervous. I just wanted to get to the church so I could finally see my bride-to-be.
2. The moment that sticks out the most in my head is the moment Lindsey appeared at the end of the aisle. It was the only moment that I actually saw her before everyone in the church blocked her from my vision, but it was one of the best seconds of my life.
3. The ride in the limo after the ceremony. It was one of the first moments where we could take a breath and relax, but the reality of the day hadn’t set in yet.
Two more of Lindsey’s Top Five!!
4. First dance with my dad. The song that we danced to (“If We Hold On Together” by Diana Ross) has been my “daddy song” since I was a little girl. I wanted to learn the song, so my dad wrote down the words for me; I still have that piece of paper. When we were dancing my dad kept saying to me, “the only other time I’ve seen you look this beautiful was the day you were born.” I’ll never forget that.
5. The last dance of the night. After running around trying to see everyone, my husband grabbed me for the final dance and it truly felt as if the world stopped. There were so many people on the dance floor, but it truly felt as if we were the only two people in the room. I thought I would be so embarrassed about the attention, but I didn’t even notice because all of my attention was on him.
And, two more of Chris’s Top Five!!
4. One of my favorite moments was my first dance with my new wife. We were both so nervous about looking like idiots in front of our guests, that we took dance lessons. When we were on the dance floor, neither one of us wanted to do the dance routine!
5. The end of the night we had been pulled out of the reception by Ben and Jenn for some photos. It was really one of the few moments I had with Lindsey alone without people tugging us in all different directions. It was nice to sit out in the open air with my wife and enjoy a few moments of quiet.
Wedding advice from Lindsey: “Things are absolutely going to go wrong or not turn out the way you planned. It’s okay. The pianist at the church played the wrong song for the procession. My eyelashes started to fall off during the ceremony. It’s okay. At those times, remember the whole reason why you’re doing this in the first place. As long as Chris was waiting for me at the end of that aisle, nothing else mattered to me that day. You spend so much time and effort trying to organize every detail but the truth is you will remember the memories you create for yourself so make sure you put emphasis on all the good things that happened.”
Wedding advice from Chris: “My advice is simple: just say yes to what she wants. Ultimately she will be right and it’ll make life easier.”
Lindsey and Chris – thank you so very much for everything!! We’re so thankful that you found us, and that we got to be a part of such an amazing time in your lives! You two are the best, and we love the heck outta you! See you soon! Your buddies, J + B :)