It’s our first wedding post of 2012!! After much consideration, I finally decided that I’d like our wedding posts to be more about our amazing couples and less about my random jibber jabber, so we’re adding a new element to every post. Don’t worry, though…I’ll still be rambling on here and there throughout the posts, because I don’t know how to fully turn off the jabber faucet. I’m sure everyone just breathed a huge sigh of relief right there. (I will tell myself that you did.) Anyway, the new element that we’re adding to our wedding posts, is simply a list of the bride’s top five favorite wedding day memories and a list of the groom’s top five, as well. I have also asked our couples if they would be willing to share a piece of advice for those of you who are still in the planning stages, and everyone I have asked has been so amazing about sharing their wedding day tips. I am so excited about making these posts more about the incredible people in the photos!! :)
Getting to know Jackie and Nic has been an awesome process. We had so much fun at this wedding, it’s hard to even put it into words. If I had to describe this wedding day in one word, it would be: magical. I started out the day with Jackie and her girls, aaaaaannnd….her TWO amazing dresses.
1. “Riding in the limo on my way to get married, listening to ‘Today Was a Fairytale’ by Taylor Swift and surrounded by the most important women in my life.”
2. “Standing with my father, just the two of us, right before they opened the doors at the church for him to walk me down the aisle. That was a really special moment!”
3. “Nic was so nervous during the entire ceremony that he forgot to repeat after the priest when we were exchanging rings. He just slipped the ring on my finger and stood there staring at me until I finally I told him that he was supposed to say something, it was too cute.”
That last one is sooooo adorable! That would explain all the laughing that took place during the ceremony! ;)Nic’s Top Five Favorite Wedding Day Memories:
1. “Getting ready at my parents’ house that morning with my family and all of my friends with me.”
2. “When Jackie first joined me at the altar.”
3. “Me and all my groomsmen taking pictures out in the field at Knox Farms.”
4. “Our first dance together.”
5. “Getting introduced as husband and wife at the reception.”After the ceremony, and some family shots inside the church, we were off to Knox Farms for some portraits of our stunning bride and groom and their wedding party! These two just could not be any cuter!! I have absolutely no idea what is going on in these photos of Nic and the guys. I was off shooting the ladies, so I wasn’t paying attention to what Ben was up to. I have tried to figure out what kind of directions he could have possibly been giving them, but I can’t. It’s just too hilarious. Luckily, this hilariousness was on Nic’s Top Favorite Memories list. ;)
Here’s another one of Jackie’s Top Five Favorite Memories!!
4. “At Knox Farms Nic and I were walking up the road to the next photo location and I remember he had his coat over his shoulder and I had my dress over my shoulder. It was my favorite moment of the entire day; it was so beautiful out and I was just so happy in that very moment. Of course frolicking through the fields was also a high point for us, we had so much fun.”
This part of the day was a definite high point for us, too. It’s not every bride that will just run through a field in her wedding dress (or climb a tree for that matter), but Jackie is amazing. She just wanted to have fun on her wedding day, and that really is what it’s all about. The last image in this set is currently my favorite shot that I’ve ever taken. I can’t even explain to you what makes me love it so much…I think you had to be there. ;)Gorgeous. After we wrapped things up at Knox Farms, we headed over to Pearl Street to get the party started! I know I don’t need to say anything about these details, because as soon as you see them, you will melt just like I did. However, I can’t stop myself from pointing out, that those table numbers that look like Jackie and Nic’s dog, Darth, are among the cutest things I’ve ever seen in my whole life. Here’s number 5 of Jackie’s Top Five Favorites!!
5. “I was really excited to walk into the reception and see everything I had worked so hard on come together. Right when I arrived I was able to walk around the entire room and look at everything. I was also really excited to show Nic the cake I had surprised him with. It had a pirate groom and a zombie bride cake topper because he loves the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and I love zombie movies (and of course our little Darth was also included on the cake).”Jackie couldn’t narrow it down to 5 Top Favorites, so she gets to have 6! In her words: “I have one more favorite too, because I loved our first dance together so much!!!” There’s a little park right across from Pearl Street that is perfect for some night shots. ;) Pearl Street weddings always have a good dance floor. There must be something in the water. ;)
Jackie and Nic were kind enough to share this piece of advice with future brides and grooms: “Think about how you want your wedding day to feel and base all of your decisions on that. Then, once you have made a decision, trust your instincts and don’t second guess them, or you will drive yourself crazy! Also, take any chance you can to make the wedding personal and about the two of you.”
Jackie and Nic – thank you so much for choosing us to document this incredible day…seriously…words cannot express how grateful we are to have been a part of it. You are both such amazing people, and together, you make one of the most awesome couples on the planet. Thanks for sharing your favorite wedding day memories with us, too!! I really think everyone will love reading those! Much love, J + B :)